On-time package delivery is always top of mind for e-commerce sellers, as it’s cited as one of the primary ways to ensure customer satisfaction in the order fulfillment process. Particularly at the end of the year, this consumer demand for reliable shipping deadlines is heightened as everyone scrambles to get gifts delivered in time for the holidays.
At ShipEngine, it is our primary goal to help you fulfill this promise to your customers by providing a shipping API that allows you to shop rates, provide branded experiences, and easily batch orders to increase efficiency—just to name a few features.
We’ve also recently partnered with UPS to offer our users discounted shipping, up to 55% off retail rates. These new prices will take effect in early November, just in time for you to save big on shipping this holiday season.
In order to help you better prepare for this year’s holiday shipping deadlines, we’ve outlined the various 2019 cutoff dates for UPS, FedEx, and USPS. We’ve even included a downloadable timeline that you can save to your desktop or print out to reference over the next couple months.
UPS Cutoff Dates
- December 13th – Ground®
- December 19th – 3 Day Select®
- December 20th – 2nd Day Air®
- December 23rd – Next Day Air ®
FedEx Cutoff Dates
- December 9th – SmartPost®
- December 16th – Ground® & Home Delivery®
- December 19th – Express Saver®
- December 20th – 2Day Services®
- December 23rd – Overnight Services®
USPS Cutoff Dates
- December 14th – Retail Ground™
- December 20th – First Class™
- December 21st – Priority Mail™
- December 23rd – Priority Mail Express™
For information on international shipping deadlines with these popular carriers (and others!), check out the following timelines our friends at ShipStation put together for the UK, Canada, and Australia.