Set Up ShipEngine Carriers
ShipEngine accounts that are based in the US include access to USPS and UPS services automatically. However, these services are disabled until you activate them by adding your billing information. Then you can start purchasing labels, comparing rates, and tracking packages.
To set up ShipEngine Carriers:
- Log in to the ShipEngine dashboard.
- Go to Connections, then Carriers.
- Click the Connect Carriers button in the ShipEngine Carrier Accounts section.
- Add your billing information in the pop-up window, then click the Continue button.
- Review the USPS Terms and Conditions, then click the Agree and Activate Account button.
Using Your ShipEngine Carriers
Once activated, your ShipEngine carrier tiles will display your Carrier IDs. These IDs are unique to your ShipEngine account and are what you'll use throughout our API to do things like purchasing labels, comparing rates, and tracking packages.
To get started using your new carriers, check out our Postman collection.
ShipEngine Carrier Balance
Your ShipEngine Carrier Balance will display to the right of the ShipEngine Carrier Accounts section.
This balance pays for carrier services, such as:
- Purchasing shipping labels
- Carrier-provided insurance
Your ShipEngine Carrier Balance does not apply to non-carrier charges, such as:
- Third-party insurance
- API usage charges