Set Up ShipEngine Carriers
ShipEngine accounts that are based in the US include access to USPS and UPS services automatically. However, these services are disabled until you activate them by adding your billing information. Then you can start purchasing labels, comparing rates, and tracking packages.
To set up the billing for ShipEngine Carriers:
- Log in to your ShipEngine account.
- Go to Connections.
- Click Setup under ShipEngine Carriers.
- Enter your billing information into the available fields. Be sure to read and checkmark the terms and conditions option!
- Click Next.
- Click I Agree to agree to the UPS promotional rates and technology agreements.
Using Your ShipEngine Carriers
Once activated, your ShipEngine carrier tiles will display your Carrier IDs. These IDs are unique to your ShipEngine account and are what you'll use throughout our API to do things like purchasing labels, comparing rates, and tracking packages.
To get started using your new carriers, check out our Postman collection.
ShipEngine Carrier Balance
Your ShipEngine Carrier Balance will display to the right of the ShipEngine Carriers section.
This balance pays for carrier services, such as:
- Purchasing shipping labels
- Carrier-provided insurance
Your ShipEngine Carrier Balance does not apply to non-carrier charges, such as:
- Third-party insurance
- API usage charges
Add Funds to your ShipEngine Carrier Balance
On the Connections page of your ShipEngine dashboard:
- Click the Add Funds link next to your carrier account.
- Choose if you want to Purchase additional funds and enter the funding amount, or . . .
Choose if you want to Set up auto-funding. then enter the balance amount to trigger the auto-fund purchase, t he amount to fund, and the maximum number of times the auto-fund can occur each day.